The headset is tightly embedded in everyday life, but the inconvenience with wires leaves a small imprint on its use. Therefore, the question arises on how to connect Bluetooth headphones to the computer, which are much more comfortable to use. Indeed, it is incredibly convenient to not having wires to hear your favorite music.
Also, a significant contribution to the progress of Bluetooth headphones has introduced the latest trend when the leading smartphone companies have abandoned the 3.5 mm jack. In order not to purchase several headsets, it’s realistic to use one that will be suitable for both PC and gadget.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to a laptop?
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to the computer? – In reality, the process of connecting the headset is not fundamentally different from the gadget. In the configuration of all more or less modern laptops installed module BlueTooth. Here, too, there is a special utility that is responsible for the connection; you only need to configure the connection. This only applies to a laptop, because the fixed version is different.
So, how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a laptop:
- You need to check the performance of the drivers for this:
- Click on Start, then PCM “Computer” and “Properties”;
- You must click on the link “Device Manager”;
- Expand the “BlueTooth Radio Modules” list, in the absence of the tab, go to “Network adapters”;
- There should be several fully active elements;
- You can verify that everything is in order by expanding the extended list in the “Notification Panel,” where the specific BlueTooth item should be present.
- It would help if you started the headset. Usually, you need to hold the power button for a few seconds until the operation indicator light appears;
- PCM on the BlueTooth icon in the “Notification Panel” and click on “Add a device”;
- The process starts where you need to select a headset.
Obviously, the question of how to connect Bluetooth headphones via Bluetooth does not have much difficulty in technical or system implementation, at least in the case of a laptop. In some cases, the computer alone has enough connectivity on the fly, without additional manipulations.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to a computer with Windows 10
If Windows 10 operating system is installed on your computer or laptop and there is a Bluetooth adapter, it will not be a problem to establish the appropriate connection. If you have previously connected your headphones, for example, to a smartphone, this connection should be broken.
- So, in order to create a new Bluetooth connection on a computer or laptop, you must first go to “Settings.” To do this, press the key combination “Windows + I.”
- From the “Parameters” go to the “Devices” section.
- Then run the Bluetooth on the computer and press the power button on the headphones.
- The fourth step in the “Devices” section is to click on the “+” sign – this way, you will add a new Bluetooth connection. After clicking on the “Bluetooth” menu item, the search for a new device will begin.
- After your PC or laptop finds your Bluetooth headphones, select them from the list of visible devices.
- Now you can use Bluetooth headphones or a headset.
If you are faced with the task of choosing Bluetooth headphones, take a look at our rating. However, it should be mentioned that Honor FlyPods Pro is very successful in terms of price/quality ratio.
And if Windows 7?
If your computer is running Windows 7, you should take the following steps.
- First, go to the “Control Panel.” To do this, you can type the word “control” in the “Run” line (it is called up with the “Win + R” key combination) or you can select it in the Start menu.
- The next step is to select “Devices and Printers,” and then “Add Device.” At this point, the PC will start searching for a new device, and your headphones should be turned on.
- When the device is found, it should be selected from the list and click the “Next” button. The PC will find the drivers and install them.
- The device can be used!
It should be noted that on many laptops, Bluetooth is activated from the keyboard. Usually, to do this, press the Fn button (to activate the function buttons of the top row), and then the radio button. This may be the F3 key, as in the photo below, but then each manufacturer comes up with his bike, so look carefully at the markings. For example, on my laptop, this is the F12 key.
Another way to turn on Bluetooth is a special application, the icon of which is usually placed in the tray (the menu on the bottom panel to the right). When you click on it, a pop-up window shows all the possible BT functionality, enabling it to be turned on, off, and added new devices.
How to connect Bluetooth headphones to a computer using the extension?
Headphones wireless Bluetooth how to connect to a stationary PC? – This is a somewhat more complicated question because there is no pre-installed module in the device. To connect a headset without wires, you need such a device. Pre-PC should be equipped with the appropriate BlueTooth extension.
There are several variants of such a device: an external one is quite a convenient way since it is connected via any USB port and an internal one must be connected to the motherboard. Both options are useful, the first is more convenient, and the second is safer since there is less risk of disconnections. Such modules are sold in most computer shops.
The following procedure is similar:
- Firewood should be loaded for the module, you can find them on the accompanying disk or website;
- Install the software and check the operation of the device using step 1, the previous instructions;
- Through the “Notification Panel” add a new device that you want to turn on.
Obviously, the only difficulty in the PC is the absence of the built-in BlueTooth extension, but this is an easily fixable action.
Connecting your wireless devices to a computer or laptop again is much easier than for the first time. The fact is that they are stored in the PC as “Paired.” If you need to connect Bluetooth headphones with a computer for the second and subsequent times, simply enter the corresponding menu (“Paired”) and click on the “Connect” button.
Of course, you can connect several audio devices in parallel, for example, headphones, a headset, and a BT speaker. However, this does not mean that they will work simultaneously. You will need to select one of the playback sources.
Problem 1: Bluetooth is on, headphones are on, the previous connection is broken, but the PC cannot find the wireless device.
Possible exit. Turn off and turn on the plug-in device – this can help.
Problem 2: Windows cannot find drivers for the device.
Possible exit. If the system cannot find the drivers for the device being connected, try searching them manually on the manufacturer’s website. Another option is to update the radio module drivers.
Problem 3: If Windows has the functionality to connect Bluetooth devices, but there is no function to turn on the Bluetooth.
Possible exit. Most likely, this means that there is no corresponding module on your computer. In this case, you need to purchase an external Bluetooth adapter. The system recognizes it, after which with the help of this device it will be possible to connect any wireless devices, including headphones. For this purpose, for example, this gadget is quite suitable:
Bluetooth headphone connection for failures
How to connect headphones to the computer via Bluetooth if errors occur? – The problem is not only in a simple connection, because in some cases, even when the connection is established, the headphones still do not play music. There are several reasons for this; most are systemic.
Probably there was a failure in the drivers, or they are not installed / outdated. It is necessary to maintain a new state of the software; then, many difficulties can be avoided.
In the case of a laptop: you should go to the website of the PC manufacturer and download the necessary firewood from the Support section. If there is no such item, then just find out the adapter model and download its developer from the site.
In the case of a stationary PC: download from a disk or website, which is the official dealer page on the network.
Also, the problem may be due to the lack of audio transmission from the settings in the Realtek driver or a disabled device.
Steps to solve it
- Right click on the speaker icon in the lower right corner, then “Playback devices”;
- There should be a green checkmark near the headphones. The problem of lack of sound is observed, if there is an inscription disconnected, the connection is interrupted or not connected;
- RMB through the item and select “Enable.”
In other cases, it helps to reconnect the device to a new one; it is likely that there was a connection failure, which cannot be removed by itself.
Additionally, you can use a third-party program that has more advanced features -Bluesoleil. The application allows you to establish a more stable, uninterrupted connection, also helps to configure several connections at once. The app serves as an alternative to the standard Windows solution for technology and more accessible to use.
Obviously, there are no great difficulties with connecting a wireless headset. Everything can be eliminated in just a few clicks, and you will be able to abandon the annoying and constantly confusing wires.
If you still have questions on the topic “How to connect Bluetooth headphones to the computer?”, You can ask them in the comments.