Nvidia video cards may fail in various ways. One common error is the “Nvidia Geforce Experience error code: 0x0001 and 0x0003.” This error may appear due to a malfunction in the Windows software. Below we describe how to fix this problem.
When you try to open the GeForce Experience application, you may encounter error 0x0001. We will learn more about the causes of occurrence and ways to fix it.
What causes error 0x0001 when running an Nvidia application?
There are several reasons for the notification in the Nvidia Geforce Experience with error code 0x0001:
- Bug GeForce Experience. The problem may occur due to an internal error, which is currently manifested in the latest “stable” version. It can be solved after installing the beta version of GeForce Experience.
- NVIDIA Container Services does not have permission to interact with the local account. Basically, Nvidia Telemetry’s container service and a number of other processes cause an error of 0x0001 if they are not allowed to interact with a local user account. In this case, the problem is quickly solved by configuring additional service settings.
- Nvidia folders do not belong to the System group. An error may appear if the application folders are not in the SYSTEM group. You can solve the problem by changing the belonging of each Nvidia folder to the System group.
- Damaged files. As it turned out, damaged files inside the Nvidia folder or the video card driver may be responsible for displaying the 0x0001 error notification. Since they are not easy to remove in the usual way, you can use a special utility that can completely uninstall GeForce Experience along with the appropriate drivers before reinstalling in a clean environment.
NVIDIA Telemetry Container off
NTC – collects user data for stable applications; This includes crash and problem reports, as well as system information needed to provide the right drivers and optimal settings. Do not be afraid the program does not transfer your personal information.
There are several ways to fix the error code: 0x0001, 0x0003 at startup. We will list two of these methods.
1. Press the Windows key on the keyboard, type services.msc and press Enter. This should open a list of the local PC services installed.
2. Find the service Nvidia Telemetry Container, right-click.
3. Select “properties.”
4. Open the tab “Login.”
5. Click the tab to ensure that all sessions are switched to the local system account.
If this method did not help you, read the following.
The second option
After reading on various forms, users recommended disabling NTC:
1. Open the task manager “Ctrl + alt + delete”.
2. Open the last tab, “Services.”
3. We find in the list “NVIDIA Telemetry Container.”
4. Click the right button, “Stop.”
Remember these steps, and you will have to do them again in the future if you update the driver.
This article provides some more concrete troubleshooting steps. Since potential solutions are ordered by efficiency, we recommend following them in the order in which they are presented.
# Method 1: Install the GeForce Experience Beta
You can get rid of the problem after removing the current version of Nvidia Experience and installing the latest beta version. Many people assume that this version includes a fix that is not yet integrated with the main installer.
Since many users have confirmed this method, we recommend starting with it.
Step-by-step instructions on removing the current GeForce Experience program and installing the latest beta version:
- Press Windows + R to bring up the Run dialog box. Type the command “appwiz.cpl” and click on Enter to enter the Programs and Features section.
- In the list of programs find the Nvidia Experience. Click on it with the right mouse button and select Uninstall / Change.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the Nvidia GeForce Experience removal process.
- After removing the application, restart the computer.
- After the reboot, open the manufacturer’s website and download the latest beta version of the Nvidia Experience.
- Run the downloaded file and follow the installer’s instructions.
- After installation, do not run the application. Instead, restart the computer again.
After restarting, launch the beta version of GeForce Experience and check if an error is displayed with the code 0x0001. If you could not fix it, go to the next step.
# Method 2: Allow NVIDIA Services to Communicate with a Local Account
As it turned out, another possible cause of the error is that the telemetry container service (NvTelemetryContainer) does not have the necessary permissions to interact with the local account properly.
Mostly the culprit is telemetry, but there are other cases where the problem was solved only after changing the settings of all NVIDIA containers.
- Press the Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialog box. Type the “services.msc” command to enter the “Services” screen. When a User Account Control (UAC) notification appears, click “Yes” to grant administrator rights.
- Scroll through the list of services until you find the four containers used by NVIDIA.
- Click on each in turn with the right mouse button and select Properties.
- Go to the “Login” tab and make sure that the switch associated with the system account is selected. Check the box next to “Allow desktop interaction,” then click “Apply” to save the changes.
When all container services are configured to interact with the desktop, restart the computer.
Then check if the notification is displayed with error code 0x0001 in the Geforce Experience. If this method did not fix it, go to the next step.
# Method 3: Nvidia folders belong to the System group
In most cases, 0x0001 error notification occurs if the folders used by NVIDIA do not have the necessary permissions. To solve it, change the ownership of all folders in the application to the System group.
- Open Explorer and go to:
C: \ Program Files (x86)
- Right-click on NVIDIA Corporation to open the menu and select Properties.
- Go to the Security tab and click “Advanced.”
- Make sure that in the advanced settings, the owner is set to “System.” Otherwise, click “Edit.”
- In the field “Select the names of the objects to be selected” enter “System,” click “Check names” and click OK.
- Click the Apply button to save the current permissions configuration. Then restart the computer.
After that check, if the error with code 0x0001 occurs when launching the Nvidia application.
# Method 4: Utility for removing the GeForce Experience driver
There are several utilities that allow you to completely remove the current version of the GeForce Experience and the video card driver. We use the program Display Driver Uninstaller.
Download the latest version of the utility. The program will be downloaded to the computer in the archive, and to unpack it you will need the 7Zip or WinZip archiver.
Double-click on the DDU file, select a convenient location, and click “Extract” to unpack the contents of the utility.
After unpacking, run the executable file when the account control notification appears.
In the interface, select a GPU in the “Select Video Driver” drop-down menu. Then click “Delete and Restart” to start the cleaning procedure.
After the process is complete, restart the PC. Open the official NVIDIA website and go to the Drivers section. Select a graphics processor, operating system and language, click “Search.” Follow the prompts on the screen to install the latest Game Ready driver.
After downloading the latest version of the GeForce Experience assembly and install it on your computer.
After notification with the error “Nvidia Geforce Experience error code 0x0001” should not prevent the launch of the application.
# Method 5: Reinstalling GeForce Experience
This problem may also be related to the GeForce Experience itself. The next thing you need to do is remove all Nvidia programs and install the latest version.
- Enter the application name in the search field.
- Right-click, then delete.
- Download the new version of GeForce Experience from the official NVIDIA website.
- Run the installer.
After that, you must run the program again and see if it works.
If this does not work, go to the next step.
# Method 6: Software Update
If you have not updated the software for a long time, do the following:
- In the search field, we write, “Check for updates.”
- Click “Check for updates.”
- Install available updates.
- Restart Windows 10 and run the GeForce Experience to see if it works.
Check the correct folder names in the “C: \ Program Files \” should not be Russian characters and numbers.
# Method 7: Nvidia Network Service inclusion
The last way to start the Nvidia Service. Follow the simple steps below.
- Open the “Services” window, as we did above.
- Find the NVIDIA network service.
- Right-click and start the service.
- You should notice that the status of the service has now changed from “started” to “started.”
Our advice should help to solve not only this problem but also similar to Nvidia. Do not forget to unsubscribe which of the options helped you.
Video on geforce experience error code 0x0001