Regular updates to the operating system help eliminate vulnerabilities and ensure that it supports up-to-date technologies. But during the process of installing updates, various problems may appear. One of the most frequent of these is the error 80244019. Let’s find out in what ways we can eliminate this malfunction in Windows 7.
Causes of windows update error 80244019 and how to fix it
The reasons for error 80244019 can be both viruses and various internal failures, which led to changes in settings or damage to system files involved in downloading and installing updates. Accordingly, the methods of solving the problem depend on the source of its occurrence. Below we analyze the specific options for solving the problem under investigation.
# Method 1: Check for viruses
One of the main causes of error 80244019 is a viral infection. Therefore, as soon as this problem occurs, it is necessary to scan the computer for viruses. Even if the cause is a different factor, the check does not hurt, but if you lose time, the malicious code can cause even more damage.
Scanning needs to be performed not by a regular anti-virus, but with the help of special treatment utilities that do not require installation. It is best to carry out the procedure or with a third-party non-infected PC, or using LiveCD / USB. But if for some reason, you cannot do this, then perform a scan in “Safe Mode.” When a virus is detected, follow the recommendations that appear in the antivirus tool window.
Unfortunately, even if a virus is detected and eliminated, this does not guarantee the disappearance of the error, since the malicious code could make changes to the system that need to be fixed. The problem is that we don’t know what specific parameters should be checked and adjusted, so use all the methods described below one by one until you have determined that the error 80244019 has disappeared.
# Method 2: Set up a connection to the WEB
First of all, you need to make sure that the settings for connecting to the web are correct. This option is suitable even when the root cause of the problem was not a virus, but a failure.
- Click Start. Go to the “Control Panel.”
- Next, click “Network and Internet. “
- Select “Network Control Center …”.
- In the left part of the window, select “Change adapter settings. “
- From the list of connections (if there are several) in the window that appears, select the current option, with which you regularly connect to the world wide web. Click the right mouse button ( RMB ). In the list, select “Properties.”
- The connection properties shell opens. In the “Network” tab, select the option “Internet Protocol Version 4” and select it. Click “Properties. “
- If in the appeared shell in the fields entered IP-addresses, then make sure that they correspond to those issued by your provider. If he does not issue separate IP addresses, then move all radio buttons to the upper active position and click “OK.” This means that now you will receive addresses automatically.
After performing the above manipulations, it is possible to check whether the error occurs again during the update or if it was finally resolved.
# Method 3: Start Services
One of the reasons for the error 80244019 is also the disabling of some services, which can be caused by viruses as well as other factors. In this case, you must enable the deactivated services, as well as configure their automatic launch in the future.
- Go to “Control Panel” through the “Start” menu, click “System and Security. “
- Next, select the option “Administration.”
- In the displayed list, go to the words “Services.”
- The service manager shell opens. In the list of items, look for the option “Background Intellectual Service …”. To facilitate the search, you can align the objects in the order of the alphabet by clicking on the name of the “Name” column. Take a look at the status of the service in the Status column. If it says “Works,” then this element is all right, and you need to go to the next one. But if nothing is indicated in this column, then double-click the above object with the left mouse button.
- In the Properties window, change in the “Startup type” drop-down list, select “Manual” or “Automatic.” Next, click “Apply” and “OK.”
- Returning to the “Manager,” again highlight the name of the item and click “Run. “
- This will start the selected service.
- After its successful completion, the status “Works” should be displayed opposite the specified element.
- Also, check that the status is set to “Running” in the “Status” column, and the “Automatic” status in the “ Windows Event Log” and “Windows Update” services are in the “Startup type” column. If there are set values that differ from the above, then, in this case, perform the same manipulations on the activation of objects that were described above.
After that, you can resume the attempt to update Windows. If the problem was in disabled services, then the error should not reappear.
# Method 4: Recover System Files
Windows 7 users might encounter the above error even if system files were damaged on their computer for some reason. Therefore, it makes sense to perform an appropriate check and, if necessary, perform a recovery procedure.
- Click Start. Go to the “All Programs.”
- Enter the “Standard.”
- In the list, find the “Command Line” and right-click on the specified name. In the list that appears, select “Run as administrator.”
- The “Command Line” opens. Here we will need to enter a special command to launch the CheckDisk utility, which will scan and recover problem files. Enter:
chkdsk /R /F C:
- If the message about the impossibility of executing the specified command is displayed after this, as the selected volume is being used, in this case, enter the “Y” character, click Enter and restart the computer. After the reboot, the system will be scanned for the presence of damaged system files. If such problems are identified, damaged items will be repaired.
Now you can try again to update the system.
As you can see, even though the main cause of error 80244019 is a viral infection, other factors can also cause it. In addition, even when the virus is eliminated, it is often necessary to perform a procedure for setting up individual elements that it struck.
In any case, when the problem as mentioned earlier appears, it is recommended, first of all, to scan your PC with an anti-virus utility, and only further, if the fault persists, make attempts to fix it with other methods described in this article.
Video on windows update error 80244019