One of the common errors after updating Windows 10, 8.1 and Windows 7 or hardware upgrades is a message that an error occurred while starting the esrv.exe application with the code 0xc0000142 (you can also see the code 0xc0000135).
This instruction explains in detail what the application is and how to fix esrv.exe errors in different ways in Windows
How Esrv.exe act in the system?
After the recent updates of Windows 10, some users discovered the following notification when they turn on the computer “Esrv.exe. Application Error. The description also indicates the code 0xc0000142. However, this code does not play a special role in understanding the sources of failure. Today we will show how to fix this problem when running in your top ten.
What Is Esrv.exe?
As it turned out, the source of this particular problem is by and largely temporary. It is linked to the installation curve of the April version of the Intel Driver Update Utility. This utility is responsible for the automatic update of drivers and applications from Intel on the computer. The bug itself is caused by a broken library, to which the system cannot access at startup, in connection with which the user receives a critical notification.
Fix Esrv.exe Error
So, we have chosen a few simple solutions to the problem that you should apply to eliminate the bug. Choose the most suitable for yourself and go for it.
Solution 1: Uninstall and Reinstall
The first step is to simply reinstall the “Intel® Driver Update Utility” itself.
- Everything is standard here, go to the “Programs and Features” option and find this program there and take it to hell.
- After that, visit the official web resource downloadcenter.intel.com/download and download the new version.
- With the installation, I think there will be no problems after reboot.
Solution 2: Start-stop
Perhaps you didn’t find out about the crash yourself if it were not for the automatic launch of the program when the PC is turned on. If you do not want to mess with the uninstall, and update the driver through third-party software, such as Driver Booster, Driver Pack Solution, then you can just stop the service and not sweat. Do the following:
- In the menu, open the Run option, enter the services.msc command, thereby, you run the full “Service List.”
- Find here the User Energy Server Service queencreek.
- Click on it with the right button, go to Properties. There we would look at the type of launch and disable, complete, confirm.
- After restarting your Windows 10.
After downloading, check the Task Manager in the Services tab should be missing or be inactive ESRV_SVC_QUEENCREEK. Finally, some visual video on working with services in Windows 10.
There are two ways to fix the error: delete the specified utilities (they will be deleted and the services) or just disable the services that use esrv.exe for work. In the first variant, after restarting the computer, you can reinstall the Intel Driver & Support Assistant (Intel Driver Update Utility) and, most likely, the services will again work without errors.
Solution 3: .NET Framework 4.6 Connection
- See if .NET Framework 4.6 is active on your system. It is already pre-installed by default, and you don’t need to download it. Go through again in the “Programs and Features.” and put ticks everywhere above and below.NET Framework 4.6 Connection.
- If all of the above methods for some reason do not help, then you should follow the general recommendations for solving errors 0xc0000142. For example, the “reset” of the LoadAppInit_Dlls file is often triggered. It is in the registry. Here is a video instruction about this (for the seven and dozens of the procedure is the same).
Solution 4: Disable services using esrv.exe
The second method involves disabling services that use esrv.exe for work. The procedure, in this case, will be as follows:
- Press the Win + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press Enter.
- Find the Intel System Usage Report Service in the list, double click on it.
- If the service is running, click Stop, then change the startup type to Disabled and click OK.
- Repeat the same for the Intel SUR QC Software Asset Manager and the User Energy Server Service queen creek.
After making any changes to the error message when you run the esrv.exe application, you should not be disturbed.
Video to fix Esrv.exe
Such tips will help solve the error when starting the Esrv.exe application (0xc0000142). I think that you will not have to do the last options. Most often, it helps to demolish the program and then reboot. In any case, please indicate in the comments what helped you.