The Malwarebytes program has an individual module for dealing with rootkits called Anti-Rootkit, but it is not clear how to start it. There is still a module Malwarebytes chameleon, we can not understand what it is for, but many users somehow use it.
What we like about Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware antivirus software
1) Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware finds almost all existing malicious objects, such as Trojans, worms, rootkits, Spyware (spyware), and so on. The Quick Scan mode available in the program will find and neutralize all malicious programs in a relatively short period.
2) We can install Malwarebytes ‘Anti-Malware can be on a highly infected computer, literally infested with viruses, which NOD32 and Kaspersky cannot install, and the launch of Dr.Web CureIt or Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool will be an error, and Malwarebytes’ Anti- Malware “at least henna”, it is quietly installed, scans and removes viruses.
We always had two tools for computers that were hopelessly unable to protect viruses – an anti-virus disk and a free anti-virus utility Dr.Web CureIt, but recently, half the time, it turns out to be managed with one Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware program.
3) The program has a unique mode Malwarebytes chameleon! If your computer is infected with numerous malicious applications, then they indeed blocked you from downloading any antivirus, anyone except Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware. The special Malwarebytes chameleon module helps you download and install Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, as well as clean your computer from viruses and all this in automatic mode!
4) At the moment, Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware is one of the best anti-virus scanners. Regularly updated with new databases of virus signatures.
5) If you use Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware only in scanner mode, the program works for free.
6) All detected threats are sent to quarantine, if necessary, we can restore any file from quarantine.
7) The Malwarebytes Malwarebytes chameleon technology will allow launching the Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware program when virus programs completely block it.
8) Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has an additional tool (in-house development) Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit, designed for finding and removing rootkits.
Disadvantages of Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, but this is my personal opinion
1) Installation Process
When installing Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware on a computer, the program works 14 days free and fully functional, that is, in it, besides the anti-virus scanner, real-time protection is available that can detect and neutralize malicious files when trying to perform destructive actions.
And this is a claim to a full-fledged antivirus program. After 14 days, we get up before choosing to buy a program or stay with one scanner.
2) Too fewer features in free version
We purchased the program and decided to use it instead of anti-virus on one of my computers. As a result of concluding that Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware does not pull on a full-featured antivirus, it skips a lot of viruses.
What is most interesting, the program allows malicious programs to run their malicious processes, but if you then run a scan, then Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware finds these same “malware” and neutralizes them. In short, nonsense.
3) Inconsistent performance
But even when scanning, the program does not find all viruses. Last week we found 22 viruses on the users’ computers and placed them in the “Caution Viruses” folder while scanning this folder with the established antivirus we got all 22 viruses, and when scanning the same folder with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, were able to find 17 infections.
4) Not work in real time
Malwarebytes chameleon Protection in real time. Let’s run on the experienced machine all these malicious files. Of the 22 two virus files, Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware did not allow us to run only 10, which means the other 12 are hosting now in our operating system. In turn, the standard antivirus installed in the system did not allow any of the 22 malicious processes to be executed.
5) A bit unclear algorithm
Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware immediately after installation decides for you which sites you can go to and which you don’t. And in this case, the algorithm of the program is not at all clear. We have a list of sites when visiting which you will immediately get “virusyak” (do not go to your grandmother), so, according to the program, you can go to all these sites.
But you can’t do it at all. In other words, the program blocks access to many clean sites. According to my calculations, approximately every twentieth site existing on the Internet, according to the program Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, is infected.
When you visit a supposedly infected site, Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will display this window to you, and you will not get to the site naturally.
Or even worse, there will be no window, and your browser will simply tell you that the desired site is not available (which is what happened with our webmaster).
You may notice – what if these sites are actually malicious? WEwill answer this way – you can check them on all kinds of site checking services for harmfulness.
It is very good that after all, Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware has settings where this disgrace can be turned off. Security module. Disable blocking malicious sites.
Installing Malwarebytes Chameleon Anti-Malware
Go to the official website of the program
Click on the button Free Version Download,
Download and install the program Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware. During the installation, you can not change anything,
But in the final phase of the installation of the program, check the Enable free Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO test period and the program will work 14 days fully functional, we want to determine how well the program will work as a full-featured antivirus, and not just a simple scanner. We also tick off the Malwarebytes ‘Anti-Malware Update and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checkboxes.
Next, click Finish. Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware automatically update, and the main program window opens.
Malwarebytes Chameleon Anti-Malware Settings
Friends, keep in mind, by default, Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware is configured for maximum protection.
In this tab, you can select the type of scanning your computer for the presence of malware. According to my observations, a quick scan always finds all working viruses and neutralizes them. To start scanning, select the desired type and click the Scan button.
If it finds any malicious objects, it will immediately notify about it. After finishing the scan, click on the Show Results button.
We carefully look at the objects found, if among them there is the file you need the program for a virus received that, then we uncheck it and click Delete Objects.
There is a detailed report on scanning and unknown viruses. In some cases, a full reboot will be necessary for complete cleaning.
Tick the items we need.
Enable file system protection
Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware will work in real time monitoring all processes in the operating system, that is, as a full-featured antivirus.
Enable malicious sites and enable blocking of malicious Web sites, where security module is running – if you check both of these points, you can not get to those sites, which in the opinion of the program containing malicious code. If you do not want the program to decide for you which sites you can go to and which ones you don’t, uncheck both of these items.
Run the security module with Windows – must be marked.
You can start Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware updates manually at any time.
If any file got here by mistake, select it with the left mouse and click the Restore button.
Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware program records all its actions in special reports, and you can read them.
If you want to add any folder or even a whole disk to the exclusions for Malwareby Anti-Malware virus scan, click add, then select an object and click OK.
As we said, the program is configured for maximum protection, and it’s better not to change anything here.
Two additional features of Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware are worth noting. Anti-Rootkit and Malwarebytes chameleon
A first additional module will check your operating system for the presence of rootkits. Click on the Anti-Rootkit button and get to the official website of the program, in the section http://www.malwarebytes.com/antirootkit/, click DOWNLOAD / The Anti-Rootkit module is downloaded to our computer
run it and check our operating system for the presence of rootkits. Next
Update the program, click on the Update and Next button
Scan. Computer scanned for rootkits
Results of Malwarebytes chameleon
A special add-on module helps the program to install on a computer infected with viruses. If the operating system is under massive virus infection, in many cases, it is quite problematic to install an antivirus program on it, the viruses working in the system simply will not allow this. Malwarebytes Chameleon is specially designed for such cases.
The Malwarebytes chameleon module contains a group of files, any of which can automatically install Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware on a virus-infected computer and clean it of malware.
The Malwarebytes chameleon module can be downloaded from the Advanced window of Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware or directly from the program’s website https://www.malwarebytes.com/. Download the module Malwarebytes chameleon.
The downloaded archive with the mbam-Malwarebytes chameleon-22.214.171.1240.zip module must be unzipped. After unzipping, a folder with files will appear on your computer, go to the folder and launch the file Malwarebytes chameleon.chm, a page with twelve buttons will open.
To start the automatic downloading and installation of the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program, you need to click on any of the 12 buttons. For the experiment, click on the button Malwarebytes chameleon # 1,
When the command line appears, you need to press any key on the keyboard, for example, the Enter key, the automatic downloading, installation, and cleaning of your computer by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program starts.
1) It is too early to use Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware as a full-fledged antivirus, and maybe the program will be improved in the future.
2) If you have free antivirus installed, then Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware program needs to be “used” at least as a scanner.
3) Undoubtedly, the Malwarebytes program should be on your flash drive.
4) Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware is useful primarily for those people who, like me, love to help friends solve computer problems (including viruses).
As for the purchase of the program, decide for yourself, we gave you the whole deal.