What is officeclicktorun.exe?
Officeclicktorun.exe is an executable file that is part of Microsoft Office 365 – en A program developed by Microsoft Corporation, the software is usually about 1.85 MB in size.
The .exe file name extension displays the executable file. In some cases, executable files can damage your computer.
Please read the following to decide for yourself whether the officeclicktorun.exe file on your computer is a virus or a Trojan horse that you should delete, or is it a valid Windows operating system file or a reliable application.
Is officeclicktorun.exe safe, or is it a virus or malware?
The most important signs that the officeclicktorun.exe file is malicious or malicious are high PC resource consumption and system crashes.
If officeclicktorun.exe is using a large amount of CPU or memory, it is possible that officeclicktorun.exe error is related to malware infection of your PC. These malicious files can damage, damage, or even delete files associated with the program.
Furthermore, there’s a possibility that the officeclicktorun.exe error you are experiencing is related to a component of the malicious program itself.
The most important facts about officeclicktorun.exe:
- Located in C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office 15 nested;
- Publisher: Microsoft Corporation
- Full path: C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office 15 \ clientx64 \ officeclicktorun.exe
- Help file:
- Publisher URL: www.microsoft.com
- It is known that up to 1.85 MB in size on most windows;
If you have difficulty with this executable file, before removing officeclicktorun.exe you must determine if it is trustworthy. To do this, find this process in the task manager.
Find its location (it should be in C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office 15) and compare its size with the above facts.
If you suspect that you may be infected with a virus, you should immediately try to fix it. To remove the officeclicktorun.exe virus, you need to download and install a complete security application.
Please note that not all tools can detect all types of malware so you may need to try several options before you succeed. In addition, the functionality of the virus itself may affect the removal of officeclicktorun.exe.
In this case, you must turn on Safe Mode with Network Support — a secure environment that disables most processes and loads only the most necessary services and drivers, when you can run a security program and complete system analysis.
Can I remove or remove officeclicktorun.exe?
You should not delete the safe executable file without a valid reason, as this may affect the performance of any associated programs using this file.
Remember to regularly update software and programs to avoid future problems caused by damaged files. As for problems with software functionality, check for driver and software updates more often to avoid or not have such problems.
According to various online sources, 9% of people delete this file so it can be harmless, but it is recommended to check the reliability of this executable file yourself to determine if it is safe or virus.
The best diagnosis for these suspicious files is a complete system analysis with Reimage (an antivirus and malware removal tool). If the file is classified as malicious, these applications also remove officeclicktorun.exe and get rid of associated malware.
However, if it is not a virus, and you need to remove officeclicktorun.exe, you can remove Microsoft Office 365 – en-us from your computer using a removal program that should be located at: “C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office.” Scenario 15 \ ClientX64 \ OfficeClickToRun.exe “= install baseurl =” C: \ Program Files \ Microsoft Office 15 “platform = x86 ver.
Where is the uninstaller?
If you cannot find its uninstaller, you may need to remove Microsoft Office 365 – en-en, to altogether remove officeclicktorun.exe. You can use the Add or Remove Programs feature in the Windows Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click in the lower left corner of the screen), click Control Panel, and then under the programs:
- Windows Vista / 7 / 8.1 / 10: click Uninstall a program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
- When you find the Microsoft Office 365 program — en-en, click on it, and then:
- Windows Vista / 7 / 8.1 / 10: click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: click Remove or Change / Remove tab (to the right of the program).
3. Follow the instructions to remove Microsoft Office 365.
Common officeclicktorun.exe Error Messages
The most common officeclicktorun.exe errors that can appear:
- “Officeclicktorun.exe application error.”
- “officeclicktorun.exe failed.”
- “An officeclicktorun.exe application has encountered a problem. The application will close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- “officeclicktorun.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”
- “officeclicktorun.exe is not running.”
- “Can not find officeclicktorun.exe.”
- “officeclicktorun.exe not found.”
- “Error starting program: officeclicktorun.exe.”
- “Wrong application path: officeclicktorun.exe.”
These .exe error messages can appear during program installation, during the execution of the associated Microsoft Office 365-en-us program, during Windows startup or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system.
Keeping track of when and where your officeclicktorun.exe error occurs is a critical piece of information when it comes to troubleshooting.
How to fix officeclicktorun.exe
A neat and tidy computer is one of the best ways to avoid problems with Microsoft Office 365. This means:
- scanning for malware,
- cleaning the cleanmgr EFC / SCANNOW hard drive,
- removing unnecessary programs,
- monitoring any autorun programs (using msconfig),
- and turning on automatic Windows updates.
Remember always to make regular backups or at least define recovery points.
If you have a more serious problem, try to remember the last thing you did or the last thing you fixed before the problem. Use the resmon command to identify the processes causing your problem.
Even in case of serious problems, instead of reinstalling Windows, you should try to restore your installation or, in the case of Windows 8, by executing the command DISM.exe / Online / Clean-Image / Restore Health, This allows you to restore the operating system without losing data.
To help you analyze the officeclicktorun.exe process on your computer, you may find the following programs useful: Security Task Manager displays all running Windows tasks, including embedded hidden processes, such as monitoring the keyboard and browser, or autorun entries.
A single security risk rating indicates the likelihood that it is spyware, malware, or a potential Trojan horse. This antivirus detects and removes spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, malware, and trackers from its hard drive.
May Update 2019:
Now we recommend using this tool for your error. In addition, this tool fixes common computer errors, protects you from losing files, malware, hardware failures, and optimizes your computer for maximum performance.
You can quickly fix problems with your PC and prevent other programs from appearing with this software:
- Step 1: Download the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2: Click “Start Scan” to find Windows registry problems that may cause PC problems.
- In step 3: Click “Repair All” to fix all the problems.
Download or reinstall officeclicktorun.exe
It is not recommended to download replaceable exe files from any download sites, as they may contain viruses, etc. If you need to download or reinstall officeclicktorun.exe, we recommend reinstalling the main application associated with it “Microsoft Office 365.”
Operating system information
Officeclicktorun.exe errors can appear in any of the following Microsoft Windows operating systems:
- Windows 10
- In Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
- In Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- In Windows ME
- Windows 2000