After installing the Windows 10 operating system, you must activate it. Unfortunately, with this, some users often have problems. There are many errors that can appear on the screen of your computer or laptop for one reason or another. This can occur both through your fault and the fault of the developers. Now we consider in more detail one of the most common errors that can occur during activation. In this article, we will understand how to fix the error slui.exe 0x8007007b. Let’s get started. Go
After installing Windows 10 and entering the product key to activate the copy, you can see the error code 0x8007007b and a description that literally reads the following: Syntax error in the file name, folder name or volume label.
If this is not your first time activating any Windows build, you probably already know what this unfortunate error means. If you first encountered it only in Windows 10, this little material will tell you why activation could not be successfully completed, which means this syntax error in the file name, folder name or volume label, and how to get rid of recurring error 0x8007007b.
How does the slui.exe 0x8007007b occur?
In Windows 10, the activation system has not undergone major changes, and the process itself takes place in a standard way. With it, an activation key that you enter when installing Windows 10 or after it is completed is sent to the Microsoft server, where its authenticity is verified. If an invalid key was entered or a trivial typo was made when entering it, after connecting to the server, an activation error slui.exe 0x8007007b will be displayed on the screen.
It would be possible to simply open the system parameters and try to re-enter the key, checking its correctness. But the problem is that in Windows 10, Microsoft changed the design of the menu, which is responsible for the activation of the system, and simply removed the button for changing the activation key. How to be and where to look for the possibility of entering a new key in Windows 10 to get rid of error slui.exe 0x8007007b we will describe below.
Causes of error slui.exe 0x8007007b
First, you need to figure out what the general error code is 0x8007007. This is a syntax error in the volume label, file name or folder name. There are the following reasons that may cause its occurrence:
- You have entered the wrong key for a particular product. Make sure you enter the key intended for the Home version if you install the Home version of Windows 10.
- You are trying to activate Windows without the Internet. Be sure to check the connection.
- Computer network settings are incorrect.
How to get rid of the recurrence of error slui.exe 0x8007007b
In order to eliminate the error 0x8007007b that occurs when you activate Windows (Windows), you need to consistently do all the steps described below and try to change the license key or just enter the same more carefully and without typos.
Method 1: Manual activation
First of all, you should make sure that there is no license for Windows 10.
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Select Run. Also, to open this item, you can use the key combination Win + R.
3. In the small system window that opens, manually enter the command slui 3.
4. Click the Ok button in the window or press the Enter key on the keyboard.
5. You will see a window in which you can enter a new Windows activation key or repeat the entry of the same key, avoiding errors and typos that could cause an error.
6. After entering the key, click the Activate button at the bottom of the window. The key entered this time will replace the one that was previously entered. The process of changing the activation key in Windows 10 was replaced by a complete overwriting of the existing one, unlike previous versions of the operating system, where you could edit the key manually.
Method 2: Via Windows command prompt
1. Open a Windows command prompt as administrator. To do this, right-click on the Start button in the lower left corner of the screen.
2. In the opened system window, enter the command slmgr.vbs / ipk XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, where each X is replaced with the symbols of your activation key.
3. Press Enter and reboot the system.
If the key is entered correctly, the error 0x8007007b will not disturb you anymore.
Method 3: Replacement activation key
It happens that after the notification about the successful installation of the key, the activation is not performed, because the error 0x8007007B does not go anywhere. In this case, we ask for help from the command line with extended privileges (it is launched via the search line).
We execute a command of the form “slmgr.vbs / ipk *****” in it, where instead of the symbol “*” we enter the key, separating every 5 characters with a hyphen. On the attached screenshot you can see how the team should look.
It remains to wait for the activation, which will take only a few seconds.
If, after rebooting the “dozens” error has not disappeared, it is necessary to resort to the following method of eliminating it.
Method 4: Change activation data in a classic way
You can change the key for activating Windows 10 without system tools, such a command line. In the latest edition of the “window” operating system, an icon appeared that allows you to enter a different product key without following the long and complicated instructions for a beginner.
1. Open the “Options” menu, holding Win + I.
2. Go to the “Update / Security.”
3. Click on the “Activation” tab.
4. In the right sector, click on the label or icon with the text responsible for changing the product key.
5. Enter a new value in the appropriate field and wait until the data is verified, and the key is replaced.
Write in the comments, did this article help you to correct the error, share with other users your experience in solving such problems, ask any questions you may have about the topic considered if any.