What is WikiBuy?
WikiBuy is an extension of Chrome that while shopping, is evaluating other stores like Walmart, Target, eBay among others to see who has it cheaper. They confirm availability including size, color, price, taxes, shipping and test coupon codes.
In 15 seconds after searching for a product on Amazon, the WikiBuy search engine finds a guaranteed offer, delivery date and total price. When you accept an offer from WikiBuy, you pay, and they track your order to make sure they deliver on time.
In short, WikiBuy checks the coupon codes that other users used in their purchases and applies the best code automatically. It’s EASY and it’s FREE. So you will save much more money on your purchases. Have not you tried it? Download it HERE and start saving today in your purchases.
Is WikiBuy legit?
WikiBuy is actually a legitimate shopping extension that promises to help you find the best deals when shopping. It’s a Google Chrome extension and can be obtained from the official website or in the Chrome Store.
This is a completely legitimate extension to use and it does not put your computer at risk. However, it has the ability to read and change your information on the websites you visit, which means that it could collect all sorts of data about you.
Although this is not uncommon, it could collect as well as your personal information. If that’s the case, you’ll need to look at how that data is used and why it’s even necessary. Since it is not a dangerous extension, we can not tell you to delete WikiBuy, but you should investigate it further.
WikiBuy is kidding on the block when it comes to Chrome extensions designed to save you money, but its rapid explosion in popularity became pretty obvious after we started using it.
As a Honey user for a long time, I expected a clone of the famous coupon application extension. It is not much more.
For those who are not aware, the Honey button waits in your browser while you buy, and then, when you check out, a single touch crawls the web looking for relevant coupons that can help you save.
Instead of just looking for ways to save money where you are currently buying, it shows you how much money you would save. This makes it especially powerful when combined with something like honey.
Its rapid explosion in popularity became quite obvious after we started using it. What distinguishes WikiBuy in the background. I can not tell you how many times I’ve reviewed before remembering the honey button, but WikiBuy actively alerts you when you can help.
While viewing a product online, WikiBuy automatically combines the Internet for pricing and shipping information. How much could I save on this product?
When you click on this notification, WikiBuy shows you all the purchase options you bought when estimating shipping times and rates.
WikiBuy basically does the same thing that you could do if you search on Google, and you need all of that to be out of the process.
It allows you to buy in a smarter and more informed way without having to do all the tedious crawling of the web.
Simply buy as you normally do. That is all. Combine this with Honey, and you can even make more reductions on some items thanks to the coupons. It’s totally free, easy to install and, once you start using it, you ‘ll forget how you lived without it.
Anyway, there’s nothing wrong with seeing how it works for you. Find out what the fuss is about by clicking on the button below!
How does WikiBuy work?
Once you download the WikiBuy browser extension, you will be asked to create an icon. You can do it by inserting your details in the form or using your Facebook or Google account. Once you’ve done it, users can start using the add-on features:
- Save money – the WikiBuy extension shows sellers who own the same product and looks for and provides price comparisons. Therefore, you can end by selecting the lowest price of the product.
- WikiBuy Checkouts – the extension of Chrome offers to accelerate the process of purchase using a payment system that allows to skip the forms of verification and hiding your details of payment of the sellers.
- Tracking order – they provide the product tracking service, so you can see where your purchase is and when you expect to receive it.
- Money recovery guarantee – if you pay for something that does not arrive, you can get a refund. WikiBuy provides a guarantee of 100% recovery of the money.
- Loyalty rewards – users get credits for frequent purchases using the app that can be converted into real discounts.
The legitimate WikiBuy app seems to improve the shopping experience. However, it is still a new product, and the company is trying to earn a reputation and credibility.
Even so, the app has over 1 million users; not all of them are happy with it and they end up uninstalling WikiBuy and generating their own searches.
However, if you find any difficulty with the removal of WikiBuy, please slide to the end of the article and follow this entire review.
Is WikiBuy safe?
Despite the advantages and negative comments, there are also negative opinions. Among the most popular disadvantages are not actually providing lower product prices, getting commissions from users’ purchases, long shipping times and data tracking.
Users often wonder if WikiBuy is a scam. Nowadays, there are many add-ons and browser extensions that claim to be legitimate. However, they are used to obtain personal information from users, such as bank details. Still, this add-on is legal and does not steal any credentials.
Performing your own searches, you can save even more money
Users say that WikiBuy does not provide lower prices. Despite this, it provides lower prices than Amazon; It is also possible to find a product in online stores that are cheaper if you search the web.
However, the specialists of viruset.no warn that extremely low prices can be a sign of something suspicious. Before buying what you need, you have to check the information about the online store and read the user’s analysis. There is a possibility that you end up in a phishing site.
Developers can receive commissions from users’ purchases
Users assume that the WikiBuy add-on does not provide the lowest prices in the market due to the possible receipt of commissions. Getting benefits is an absolutely normal practice in the business world. The add-on is available for free, and developers have to find ways to generate revenue.
However, not really providing the lowest prices is not very fair. Therefore, users may not find this trusted add-on.
Long shipping periods
In the forums, users say that buying products with WikiBuy lengthens the shipping service compared to purchases made through Amazon or eBay. People report that instead of shipments in 2 days, the time can be extended to 4 days or even a week.
Tracking and data sharing
However, the worrying fact is that all the data gathered can be shared with affiliates. Therefore, you can see third-party ads based on your clicks, purchases or search queries.
The WikiBuy app is available in the Chrome web store as well as on the official WikiBuy.com website. Therefore, users can download it manually without difficulties.
The extension itself only requires a permit – make changes to the sites you visit. This activity is necessary in order to show you the best shopping offers or price comparisons in the stores you visit.
However, there is a possibility that you can find WikiBuy in a package of free programs. Program packages are a legitimate marketing strategy.
Therefore, you should be careful when installing programs and always check for additional applications that you may not want or need to install.
An accidental installation of the Chrome WikiBuy extension should not be considered as an infiltration of a virus. As we have already mentioned, it is a safe application to use that can not cause any damage to your computer.
The developers, however, have created a WikiBuy version for iOS that is available in iTunes. The Android version of the app does not exist yet.
Add this Chrome extension if you are an active Amazon buyer. Whenever you browse Zones, you can click WikiBuy to get more information about the items you want to buy.
Click on it to find coupon codes, add to your watchlist (to be notified of price reductions), see Price History or see price comparisons with other vendors, including Walmart, Target, eBay and Jet.
With all this information, WikiBuy will let you know if this is the best time to buy.
He even tells you when your goods will be delivered. If you like what you see, click the button “Add to Wikipedia”, which automatically appears on Amazon, and WikiBuy places and tracks the order for you.
Bonus: information about your payment is not transferred to the seller, so it is in fewer places on the Internet.
You also have the opportunity to link a credit or debit card and earn credits at the time of purchase. You can use your credits to buy items through WikiBuy.
After a simple free installation, browsing in a browser takes only two clicks, and your savings are instant. Now you can close your millions of Chrome tabs – welcome.
Additionally, cybercriminals may be using the name of the app and creating false versions. Therefore, you can find fake extensions of WikiBuy not only in Chrome but also in Safari, Mozilla Firefox or other browsers and even in the Android operating system.
Usually, they are fake extensions available in third-party app stores. Therefore, you should stay away from them, since they can take control of your browser and cause problems related to the browser as well as privacy problems.
Should you remove WikiBuy?
Usually, extensions that help users to enter shop computer without permission. They are called adware. This add-on is not really as adware and users willingly install it. It can be found in the Chrome Store, website, or other trusted source. But just in case, you should note how adware can install without you even notice.
These programs are usually added to freeware as additional offers and they must be disabled. Select Advanced or Custom Settings and disable the items that appear there. If you only clear the checkboxes, you prevent many infections from entering your computer.
The extension is a utility that shows great when it’s being advertised while shopping. If you browse on some shopping website, if you find something that you like, the extension will show the same item, but with a lower price.
This is very helpful for those looking to save money. It only seems to work on Google Chrome, but it may in the future become for other browsers. The extension is not malicious, so you can trust the offers made available.
The worrying part about it is that it gathers information about you, your browsing habits, and possibly your personal information. If you know an extension or a program that is in it, you need to find out why the information is being collected how it is stored and whether it is shared with third parties.
If you find it helpful, it is safe to continue using it. But if you do not use it, it may be best if you just uninstall WikiBuy.
What is the honey app?
The Honey app is a browser extension or add-on, that can save you money by searching for coupons on most of your favorite shopping sites. It is available to all major web browsers and it is much easier than manually reviewing coupon sites like RetailMeNot.
When you are ready to check, Honey will appear on the right side of the screen with available sales codes and coupons.
Just click “Try Codes” to see if any of them apply to your purchase. If so, you will instantly save money! In any case, you saved yourself from the time when you usually pass the coupon code Googling [seller name]. “
How does Honey work?
Honey works by looking at the items in your cart on the most popular shopping websites and then looking for relevant coupon codes. If you find work codes, enter them automatically and you end up saving money without the hard work of searching for them and enter them manually.
Here are the basic steps involved in the use of honey:
- Buy on any of your favorite websites as you would normally.
- Open your cart or take a look, but do not complete the process yet.
- With the cart or the exit page open, click on the Honey icon found in the extensions or add-ons section of your web browser.
- Click Apply coupons.
- Note: If Honey believes it is unlikely that he will find a work coupon, the extension will tell you this. Click Try it anyway. Force it to search for coupons.
- If Honey finds coupons, it will automatically enter them.
- Click Continue to check, and complete your purchase as you normally would.
- Note: Some sites have partnered with Honey for the HoneyGold program. When you visit one of these sites, clicking on the Honey extension icon will show an option that says Today’s reward rate, followed by a percentage, and a button that says Activate . Click on this button and you will be eligible to receive a cash refund from HoneyGold after completing your purchase.
What we like about honey?
- The extension is very easy to install and use.
- Automatically search for a coupon database, which can save you time.
- When it works, it’s basically free money.
- When you buy from Amazon, it will let you know if a product is available at a lower price in a different sale or in a different list.
- You can also get price history of items on Amazon, so you do not spend too much on an item that receives regular discounts.
What we do not like about honey
- It does not always find coupons, which may seem like a waste of time.
- There is no mobile application, so you can only use it when you buy with your desktop or laptop.
Where is honey available?
The Honey coupons app is only available as a browser extension, so you can only use it with a compatible web browser. It is compatible with the most popular browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari and Opera.
You can use Honey whenever you buy, and it works in thousands of different sites. Some of the most popular sites where honey is available to include:
- Papa Johns
- Crew J
- Forever 21
- Drawer and barrel
- Finish line
If you do not see one of your favorite sites, it’s a good idea to install the extension and verify.
How to install Honey application?
Installing the Honey application extension is extremely easy. It only takes a few clicks and you’ll be ready to find coupons and offers on most of your favorite websites.
These are the basic steps you should follow:
- Start the web browser of your choice and navigate to joinhoney.com .
- Click Add to Chrome, Add to Firefox, Add to Edge, Add to Safari or Add to Opera, depending on the browser you are using.
- Note: If you are using a compatible browser, the Add button in joinhoney.com will automatically download the corresponding add-on or extension. If you are not using a compatible browser, you must change to one.
- Click on add extension or allow if requested
- Note: If you are directed to the plugin or extension store, you must click Get, Install, or another similar button on the store page.
- Click Join Facebook or Join with Email If you want to take advantage of programs like HoneyGold. Click on Complete later If you do not want to register.
If you prefer, you can also install the Honey application directly from the extension repository or the add-on store for the browser of your choice:
- Honey for chrome
- Ad-OnsHoney for Firefox
- Honey for Edge
- Extension Honey for Safari
- Honey for the opera
How to uninstall honey
Since Honey is just a browser extension, uninstalling it is even easier than installing it. There is no complicated uninstall procedure since it is not like an application or program installed on your computer.
To uninstall Honey:
- Navigate to extensions or add-ons Management section of your web browser.
- Locate the Honey extension and click Remove or Uninstall.
That’s. Honey will be gone completely, and you can switch to a different coupon application or reinstall Honey whenever you want.
Is the Honey safe?
Browser extensions like Honey are generally safe, but there is a potential for abuse. These extensions may include malware, and they are also capable of collecting your private data for various purposes.
In the specific case of honey, it seems to be totally safe. While the extension collects information about your shopping habits and sends it to Honey’s servers, Honey has stated that they do not sell your information to third parties.
The reason why the Honey application tracks your web browsing is so that it can appear only on specific pages, and the reason why you send data to Honey servers is to verify purchases in order to return the money through the program HoneyGold
If you are concerned that Honey collects and uses private information, be sure to read its privacy and security policy before using the application.
Tips to keep in mind when using the Honey Coupon application
- It is not necessary to register with Honey to obtain coupons: When you download and install the Honey browser extension, you are asked to log in with Facebook or create an account with your email address. You can skip this step if you do not want to register with Honey.
- If you register with Honey, you can get an extra refund: Some sites partner with Honey to provide Honey with a sales commission. Honey returns a percentage of that to her registered users as part of her HoneyGold program.
- You can combine Honey with other extensions such as Ebates to save even more: If you use an extension like Ebates to retrieve the money from your purchases, you can still use Honey to find coupon codes.
- If you have your own coupon code, you can enter it: Honey allows you to enter your own coupon codes. If you have a valid code for the site you are buying, you will receive that discount in addition to any other coupon that Honey finds.
- Pay attention to the integration of Amazon: When you see a product in Amazon, Honey will insert a small icon next to the price. If that item is available for less in other parts of Amazon, the icon will become a button that will tell you how much you can save.
- Use the Droplist feature to save even more money if you’re patient: If you’re interested in a specific item, but you’re not ready to buy yet, you can add it to your Honey drop-down list. If the item goes on sale at Amazon, Walmart, Overstock or any other retailer admitted within 30, 60 or 90 days, Honey will inform you.
Finally, WikiBuy is one of my favorite extensions. Not only does it do a time series analysis of Amazon’s prices, but it also finds coupons and returns the money in cash.
Its analysis and comparison tools do not limit you to Amazon either. They cover all major online retailers, including Walmart, Target and more. On the negative side, they require you to create an account.
Some other extensions include PriceBlink and Bitspender.io. While I prefer to use WikiBuy, I recommend Bitspender.io for those who do not wish to create an account.
The service works well without that. Although, in truth, all these services offer the majority of the same main functions. You can not go wrong with any of them although you are paying for their services with your privacy.